Page 1 of a pilot chapter I'm making for a Manga Contest being hosted on TinierMe.
* Title: Chamemile Millicomeleon's Tea Shop
(yeah long titles ftw)
******* Relative Genres::::
- Shoujo (but anyone can read it. it's not going to be girly enough that men will run in fear and hide under a table.),
- dark fantasy (if you don't know what that is, imagine fantasy just with creepy trees and blood, etc), <- but this won't be seen in the PILOT chapter.......................
- fairy tale,
- comedy (i'll do my best on that part),
- romance (but not a whole lot of it since that's not really what the plot is about)*******
* Reading Direction: Left to Right.
Yep. If the koreans can do it so can I XD I have no problem with right to left; but in the u.s. we go in opposite direction so i'll be doing it that way. don't complain....
* Age Rating: The Pilot should be for All Ages. But if the series lifts off, it might have to go towards an OT audience for "violence" and dark themes.
* Setting/Theme: Childish kinda like a Fairy Tale story but set in a "DARK fantasy" setting.
(The characters themselves will not all look like zombies or something but the world they live in will be slightly dark fantasy themed.) <- which is why i might raise the age rating if i end up making a series out of this....
* Plot: A very young girl named Chamemile who loves hunting for herbs and brewing tea decides to open her own tea shop at the age of 10. The manga follows her adventures as she grows up being a tea brewer and shop owner along with all the lives of the people her tea has effected.
Yep, so this is going to be my first manga. Again, this is just a pilot to test things out. Also, even though I'm familiar with Manga Studio, I'm still just recently finding out a lot of new things I can and can't do with it.
For example, MS puts everything completely black and white. Back when I was younger, I used to make manga by hand on paper so I messed with shades and stuff and each panel looked somewhat like a BxW portrait.
However, in MS you can't do that. Notice how Chamemile's hair is a lighter shade than the black of her dress in the picture. To get that effect, I had to export it as a psd file and resave it as .jpg. Why? Because even though it looks like this when you are working on it as .cpg? format, once you save it as .jpg it goes completely black and white. like every shade turns 100% black or white.
Now that I look at other manga on the internet, I realized they're all 100% black and white. lol~ The only way to get different tones is to.. well.. use the screentone function.
so yeah, in the manga her hair won't be colored. now i know why unless a character has really dark hair; they never color it in because it'll look completely black......
And Chamemile's hair is similar in color to a lion's mane... >A<
Anyway, the point is I'm still learning "the ways" of manga in MS. But hopefully doing this pilot chapter will give me enough to follow through with an actual series IF it goes well.
So I hope you look forward to it. I have some pages done already, I just need to touch it up a bit. I might be a bit late because I am sick.. again.
And I have exams on top of that......
tysvm for looking and i'll do my best. >~< Expect to see it pretty soon because the rest of it will go up as soon as possible.
I won't be working on any other art project until I get this done.